The Town Council aims to operate transparently and publishes a wide variety of documents on this website. In addition the Officers and Memmbers are always happy to respond to reasonable requests for information on decisions, policies and other matters.
The following specific information is encouraged or required by regulation or statute.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Payments over £500
Payments to suppliers in excess of £500 are published in the document library.
Council Officers make many administrative and operational decisions on a day to day basis and, subject to confidentiality and reasonableness, are always happy to explain the rational on request.
Certain decsions made by officers are published here as required by the Openness of Local Government Regulations 2014 or successor legislation.
Freedom of Information Act 2000 Bishop's Stortford Town Council Publication Scheme
Bishop's Stortford Town Council will:
- Proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by the authority and falls within the classifications se out in the publication scheme.
- Specify the information which is held by the authority and falls within the classifications below.
- Proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- Produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- Review and update on a regular basis the information the authority makes available under this scheme.
- Produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- Make this publication scheme available to the public.
A more detailed description is also available in the document below.
Documentation is published primarily on this website and in particular in the document library where minutes, agendas and background papers for all Council Meetings are available.