Following the Government decison to close pubs, shops and restaurants the Annual Town Meeting has now been cancelled.
Click the link to read this months Flyers online!
We hope that you are looking forward to #bishopsstortford farmers and crafts market as much as we are! Saturday's market (7 March) has an excellent selection of hot food, gifts, hand made toiletries and more. Here is a sneak peak at all of the traders you will expect to see there, come and show your support!
Spice Queen UK
The Making Place
Golden Soaps Ltd.
Bishop's Stortford Bee Keepers
Bishop's Stortford Art Society
Navy Grey Candles
Paradiso Italian flavour
Skipper's Hot Pepper Sauce
Beau Petit Macaron
Visit the Farmers and Craft Market on Saturday 7 March between 09:30 and 13:30 on North Street. Don’t forget to visit the general market as well from 08:30 to 16:30 from Market Square to South Street!
The Tourist Information Centre will be closed for essential maintenance from 27 February until the 15 March.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Please call 01279 715001 for ticket sales and any other information.
Tired of the January blues? Don’t worry, Bishop’s Stortford Farmers and Craft Market will be back from 1 February! All of our Farmers and Craft Market traders handmade all of their products so you will not find anything else like it on the high street. The Farmers and Craft Market only the first Saturday of the month, so don’t miss out!
Attending this months market will be
Skippers hot pepper sauce
Navey Grey Candles
Beau Petit Macaron
Bishops Stortford Beekeepers
Bishops Stortford Art Society
Visit the Farmers and Craft Market on Saturday 1 February between 09:30 and 13:30 on North Street. Don’t forget to visit the general market as well from 08:30 to 16:30 from Market Square to South Street!
The Tourist Information Centre will be closed for essential maintenance on:
Tuesday 14 January
Friday 17 January
Monday 20 Jnauary
We apologise for any inconvenience caused
Should you need any assistance please call 01279 715001 or visit Bishop's Stortford Town Council
The Council is inviting tenders for the right to occupy land during the 2020-2023 season for the purpose of selling ice creams and related items from a mobile kiosk. The closing date is 17th January 2020 and full details are here: https://www.bishopsstortfordtc.gov.uk/tenders
Bishop's Stortford Town Council will again be funding a Taxi Marshall Scheme over the festive season.
On Fridays and Saturdays between December 6th and December 31st taxi marshals will operate at the Taxi Rank near the station to assist revellers and ensure that queues are orderly.
The scheme will also operate on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
Election of a Town Councillor
The following is a statement of the persons nominated for election as a Town Councillor for Bishop`s Stortford All Saints Ward
HORNER, Calvin Laurie, 157 Dunmow Road, Bishops Stortford, Herts, CM23 5HQ (Liberal Democrats)
MANNING, Shane John, 42 London Road, Bishop`s Stortford, CM23 5NF (The Conservative Party)
RAYNER JACOBS, Susan Elizabeth ,(Address in East Hertfordshire) (Labour Party)
Notice is hereby given of an Election for a Town Councillor for Bishop`s Stortford All Saints Ward.
1. Forms of nomination for the Town Council Election may be obtained from Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8EQ from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8EQ on any day after the date of this notice but no later than 4 pm on Friday, 15th November 2019.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 12th December 2019.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Tuesday 26 November 2019. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire,
SG13 8EQ by 5 pm on Wednesday, 27th November 2019.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8EQ by 5 pm on Wednesday, 4th December 2019.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8EQ by 5 pm on Thursday, 12th December 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Wednesday, 4th December 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Wednesday, 4th December 2019