The splash pool is currently closed due to contamination. It is scheduled to reopen tomorrow (Saturday 24th Aug) at 9:00am.
Bishop's Stortford Farmers and Crafts Market will be Saturday 6 July in North Street between 9:30am and 1:30pm.
Traders will include:
New Barn Farm
Bishop's Stortford Bee Keepers
Beau Petit Macaroon
Bishop's Stortford Art Society
Bishop's Stortford Town Council is tendering for a contractor to fully manage the research/consultation, design and construction of a Mixed-Use Facility for Wheeled Sports in Sworder's Field.
Further details can be found here.
The deadline for tender submissions is 17:00 on 31st July 2019.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement Tuesday 25th June 2019
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2019, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Mark Westwood, Responsible Financial Officer
The Old Monastery, Windhill, Bishop’s Stortford, CM23 2ND
01279 712140, email@example.com
commencing on Wednesday 26th June 2019
and ending on Tuesday 6th August 2019
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
- The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
- The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Mark Westwood, Responsible Financial Officer
The splash pool in Castle Park will be closed on Monday 24th June for one day, for essential maintenance. The Town Council apologises for any inconvenience.
A reminder for everyone travelling in Bishop's Stortford tomorrow.
The following roads will be closed between 11:30 and 14:20 for the Carnival Parade:
B1529 South Road between the junctions with London Road and Havers Lane.
B1529 South Street between the junctions with Havers Lane and Potter Street.
B1529 Potter Street between the junctions with South Street and Market Square.
B1529 Market Street between the junctions with Potter Street and North Street/Bridge Street.
B1529 North Street between the junctions with Market Square/Bridge Street and Hadham Road/Northgate End.
A1250 Hadham Road between the junctions with North Street and Northgate End
A1250 Northgate End between the junctions with Hadham Road and Link Road
A1250 Link Road between the junctions with Northgate End and The Causeway/Bridge Street.
A reminder for everyone travelling to Bishop's Stortford Carnival tomorrow:
Hadham Road A120 road will be closed from tonight (Friday 14 June 22:00 to Monday 17 June 05:00). Please use an alternative route of travel and allow for additional journey time. More information can found in the link below.
The Tourist Information Centre will be closed Monday 27 May for the Bank Holday.
Bishop's Stortford Farmers and Craft market returns on Saturday 1 June! Head on down to North Street between 9:30 and 1:30 for local produce and hand made items.
Bishop's Stortford Town Council has received Planning Permission (with conditions) for the change of use of Cemetery Lodge to a single dwelling with seperate office. This will require the refurbishment of the property with the exception of the office.
The Town Council requires a contractor to fully manage the refurbishment of the property. Further information can be found here.
Tender submissions are required by 16:00 on Friday 17th May 2019.
Our Farmers and Craft market returns tomorrow from 9.30am on North Street. A list of traders include:
Wired and Admired jewellery
Toff's Pet Treats
Golden Goat Soaps
Treats from the Kitchen- cakes and biscuits
Spice Queen- hand-blended spices
Beau Petit Macaron
Olivine Originals Natural Skincare
Bishop's Stortford Beekeepers
Bell and Wood candles
Bishop's Stortford Art Society
Heavenly Homemade- jams and cakes
New Barn Farm- meat
Hope to see you there in the sunshine!