The splash pool will remain closed on Tuesday 11 August and Wednesday 12 August. Bishop's Stortford Town Council will continue to monitor the situation and will issue further updates later this week.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2020
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020/404)
1. Date of announcement Wednesday 22nd July 2020
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2020, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Mark Westwood, Responsible Financial Officer
The Old Monastery, Windhill, Bishop’s Stortford, CM23 2ND
01279 712140, firstname.lastname@example.org
commencing on Monday 27th July 2020
and ending on Monday 7th September 2020
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
- The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
- The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Mark Westwood, Responsible Financial Officer
Do you have the drive, passion and commitment to deliver outstanding events for the local community? If so an exciting opportunity has become available in the Events and Tourism department at Bishop’s Stortford Town Council. The successful candidate will be a committed team player with excellent organisational, communication and multitasking skills. Events experience desirable but the ability to learn new and varied skills in a faced paced environment is essential. Visit our vacancy page for more detials!
OFFICE TO RENT
Available from July 2020
An individual office (150 sq ft - unfurnished) is available for rent at Room 1, Top Floor, The Courtyard, The Old Monastery, Windhill, Bishop’s Stortford. CM23 2ND.
• Town Centre and Rail Station Location
• Easy In /Easy Out Arrangement
• Inclusive Rent
• Free Wi-Fi
The Town Council requires a contractor to fully manage the refurbishment of the Old Cemetery Public Conveniences. Further details can be found here. The deadline for tender responses is 17:00 on Wednesday 8th July 2020.
It is with great sadness we can confirm that Bishop’s Stortford Carnival and Fun Day 2020 has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus (Covid 19) pandemic. We plan to organise a bigger and better Carnival and Fun Day for 2021.
Currently our intention is to hold our annual Christmas Fayre in December 2020 and we will be closely monitoring the implications of Coronavirus (Covid 19) and will be paying attention to the Government guidelines at the time of the event.
We are currently working on virtual events for the Summer so keep an eye on our socials for further information. Don’t forget our vitual VE day celebrations are tomorrow (follow @bishopsstortfordtc on Facebook) and a full schedule of the day can be found at https://www.bishopsstortfordtc.gov.uk/virtual-ve-day-75-celebration
The Statutory Annual Meeting of the Council will take place on Monday 11th May 2020 via Video-Conference.
Further details on the agenda and video-conference login details are available here:
The press and public are welcome to join the meeting.
Bishop’s Stortford Town Council is now commencing a limited revision of the two Neighbourhood Plans to bring them up to date and better align the policies across the town.
This process, which is expected to take about 12 months, will be undertaken by the Neighbourhood Plan (Revisions)Team, comprising representatives of Community groups and interested individuals.
If you are interested in volunteering to contribute, we are looking for expertise in the areas of Housing and Design and Education, and site specific areas including, East of Manor Links, Old River Lane and the Town Centre.
For further information, on volunteering please contact - Sim Richardson (email@example.com) or call 01279 712142
In light of the current coronavirus outbreak Bishop’s Stortford Town Council’s VE day 75 celebrations will be moved online. Follow @bishopsstortfordtc on Facebook on 8 May from 2.50 to join in the celebrations.
Councillors and the local branch of the Royal British Legion will share with us a little bit about VE day as well as reading some poems. A local musician will be playing the last post and reveille and a piper will be playing Battle’s O’er and VE DAY 75 (a special piece of music created to mark VE Day). Carole Williams, Town Crier of Bishop's Stortford, will cry the Peace cry written to celebrate VE Day 75.
The Town Council will be asking members of the public to film themselves toasting to WW2 national heroes and we will piece together a collage of all the different videos. We will also be asking people to share photos and stories of ancestors who served in the Second World War with #Bishopsstortford #VEDay75.
A schedule of the day is below:
2.50 Introduction by Cllr Norma Symonds The Mayor of Bishop’s Stortford
2.51 Bishop's Stortford at War by President of The BS Royal British Legion John Robinson
2.53 A Poem read by the Deputy Mayor Cllr Warnell
2.54 A Poem read by the Leader of Bishop’s Stortford Town Council Cllr Wyllie
2.55 Last Post, Silence and Reveille performed by Bishop’s Stortford Town Band
3.00 Playing of Battle’s O’er and VE DAY 75 performed by Matthew McRae
3.05 The Nation’s toast to the heroes of World War 2- Bishop’s Stortford residents
6.55 A cry for peace cried by Carole Williams Town Crier of Bishop's Stortford
How to get involved:
National toast to heroes
- Film yourself saying “We stand here today for those who gave so much, we thank you” whilst toasting a drink (which doesn’t have to be alcoholic). Videos should be filmed landscape in 1920x1080 on your smart phone or laptop
- Transfer the files to firstname.lastname@example.org via https://wetransfer.com/ Its free and very easy to use
Sharing photos etc:
- Share your photos and stories of ancestors who served in the Second World War #Bishopsstortford #VEDay75 making sure to tag @bishopsstortfordtc