Neighbourhood Planning is the way for the local community to have a direct say in development. Two Neighbourhood Plans cover Bishop’s Stortford (and a part of Thorley Parish). These were completed in 2015 and 2017 and adopted following extensive public consultation and a referendum on each plan. These, together with the District Plan, contain the policies against which all planning applications are assessed.
We would like your feedback. Please take our survey HERE.
Bishop’s Stortford Town Council is now undertaking a limited revision of the two Neighbourhood Plans to bring them up to date. the principal changes that we are proposing comprise:
- A new section on Climate Change
- Additions to the list of local green spaces (which are protected from development incompatible with their current use)
- A comprehensive policy for the Town Centre
- Amendments throughout so that policies (except site-specific policies) are the same for both plans
Further down this page you will find the documentation which sets out these changes:
- A table of the significant changes which we are proposing to the objectives and policies in the plans (the policies are the legal text against which planning applications are assessed)
- A draft of the proposed revised plans. This comprises four documents as follows: 'Neighbourhood Plan for Silverleys and Meads Wards 1st Revision', 'Neighbourhood Plan for All Saints, Central, South and part of Thorley 1st Revision', 'Neighbourhood Plan for Bishop's Stortford and Part of Thorley Parish (1st Revision) - Shared Policies' and 'Neighbourhood Plan for Bishop's Stortford and Part of Thorley Parish (1st Revision) - Appendices'.
- Copies of the existing plans for Silverleys and Meads Wards and All Saints, Central, South and part of Thorley.
During the period 1st October-15th November we are consulting on the changes that are being proposed and a further consultation will take place later in the year. We need your input.
Documentation (Existing and Proposed Plans)
Stay informed on our latest news by subscribing to our newsletter!