Cllr Keith Warnell (Chairman)
Cllr Dave Anderson
Cllr Toby Garrett
Cllr Shane Manning (Vice-Chairman)
Cllr Judith Ranger
Cllr Jill Sortwell
Cllr Bob Taylor
Cllr Richard Townsend
(1 x Vacancy)
Cllr Holly Drake
Cllr David Snowdon
Cllr John Wyllie
Planning Consent and Related Matters
- To consider, and respond to on behalf of Council, all matters directly related to applications, or prospective applications, for planning permission or related permissions (e.g. listed building consent) and specifically to consider the current adopted Neighbourhood Plan policies in respect of such applications
- To consider and comment on all planning applications forwarded from other authorities for consultation..
- For larger applications, to seek influence over the content of S106 agreements made between the planning authority and developers.
- To make representations on behalf of Council as necessary in cases of appeals against refusal of planning consent or judicial reviews of the grant of consent.
- To recommend new street names to the District Council.
- To engage proactively with developers, prospective developers, a district-led masterplan process or other similar process where it sees fit in order to achieve a better result for the town than would have been achieved without such engagement
Planning and Development Framework
- To consider the timing of and, if appropriate, initiate proposals for revisions to Neighbourhood Plan(s), subject to budget availability (which must be approved by Council)
- To consider and respond on behalf of Council to any strategic planning documents or proposals affecting the town issued for consultation or comment by other authorities including any development plan, supplementary planning document, transport plan
- To consider, and respond on behalf of Council, licencing applications referred by East Herts Distrcit Council
- To consider any activity of the Council referred to it by Council.