Royal British Legion Bishop's Stortford Branch
The Royal British Legion was formed in 1921 at the Queen's Hall, London, to give practical help and companionship to ex-servicemen of the First World War. The Bishop's Stortford Branch was formed in the same year. The property 28 Windhill was purchased in 1948. This fine 19th century property was used for Club and Branch Meetings, a base for the annual Poppy Appeal and fund raising through its thriving social section, all in support of The Royal British Legion charity, until July 2017. The Bishop's Stortford Royal British Legion had a branch membership of 950 at its peak in 1958. Unfortunately the building fell into such disrepair that too large a sum of money was required to make remaining there viable. The Club doors closed in September 2017. However the Branch, Women’s Section and Poppy Appeal moved to a new base in the Apton Centre on 1st August 2017.
Address: 22a Apton Road, Bishop's Stortford CM23 3SN
Branch email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairman: Miss Denise Hudson
Contact: Tel: 01279 657647 or Email: email@example.com
Recommencement of monthly meetings under consideration.